In this guide, we will show you how to install Samsung Stock Firmware using Odin flash tool on Galaxy devices. Get the latest version of Odin Tool, Samsung USB Driver, and guide to download the stock firmware and steps to install Samsung stock firmware – all in one place.
There are times where you would want to manually flash stock firmware on your Samsung device. For example, you might have installed a custom ROM on your device or you might have not got the latest update on your device yet or you might have some issues on your device or you might have bricked your device. In such situations, it is always a good idea to flash stock firmware (OneUI/Samsung Experience for Samsung devices) to get a clean start.
But installing Stock ROM on Samsung devices can get tricky. Worst case scenario, you might brick your Samsung device. That is the reason why we have decided to guide you through every small bit of the process so that you will not miss anything.
Install Samsung Stock Firmware using Odin Tool
1. Backup your Samsung Device
It is always a good idea to take a full backup of your Android device before you try to install stock firmware on your Android device.
2. Install Samsung USB Drivers
Before you proceed to install Stock Firmware on your Samsung device, you first need to install Samsung USB Driver on your computer. Samsung USB Driver helps your Samsung device to communicate properly with your computer. You might install the driver by installing Samsung Kies but that Kies often causes issues when used alongside Odin Tool. That is why, we recommend you to install the Samsung USB Driver from the official standalone installer.
3. Download Odin Flash Tool
Odin Flash tool is where all the magic happens. Samsung Odin Flash tool is a Stock ROM/Firmware flashing tool designed for Samsung Galaxy Smartphones and Tablets running Android operating system. The tool was made by the Samsung itself to be used internally in its authorized service centers to flash stock firmware and perform other activities on their devices. But thanks to our beloved developers over at XDA (and other kind souls on the internet), who have been kind enough in sharing the updated versions of the Odin Tool with us.
Get the latest version of the Odin too from here:
4. Download Samsung Stock Firmware
You need to have the latest Samsung Stock Firmware for your device. Odin tool does not provide a way to download stock firmware. Rather, it just helps you flash stock Samsung ROM. You can get the latest firmware for your device by one of the below ways:
- Download Samsung Stock Firmware using Firja Tool
- Download Samsung Stock Firmware using SamFirm Tool
- Download Samsung Stock Firmware using Updato Website
- Download Samsung Stock Firmware using Samsung Firmware Science Website
5. Boot Samsung Device into Download Mode
To flash stock firmware on your Samsung device, you first need to boot into Download Mode. You can do this easily by using the below button combination:
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold the below the below key combination to boot Samsung device into Download Mode:
Older Devices: Volume Down + Home + Power Button
Newer Devices: Volume Down + Bixby + Power Button
- Press the Volume Up button to confirm.
6. Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung using Odin
Follow the below steps to flash stock Samsung Firmware using Odin tool:
- Download and extract the Samsung Stock Firmware zip file to your computer.
- Inside the extracted folder, you should have 5 files as shown below:
- Download and Extract the Odin Zip file to your computer.
- Double click on the ‘Odin3.exe‘ file to open the Odin tool.
- While your Samsung Galaxy is in Download Mode, connect it to your PC using a USB Cable. The COM port on the Odin tool will now show some activity and will light up.
- Load the Stock Firmware Files into the Odin tool.
BL: Load the file that starts with ‘BL’.
AP: Load the file that starts with ‘AP’.
CP: Load the file that starts with ‘CP’.
CSC: Load the file that starts with ‘HOME_CSC‘.Warning!
1. Do not load the “CSC” file into the CSC section. It will WIPE OUT all the data on your device. You must load the “HOME_CSC” file.
2. Once you select the ‘AP’ file, the Odin tool might become unresponsive for a little bit. This is because of the huge size of the file; be patient.
- Make sure only the ‘Auto-Reboot‘ and ‘F. Reset Time‘ options are enabled in the options tab.
- Finally, when everything is set, click on the ‘Start‘ button and wait for the process to complete.
- Once the flashing process completes, you will see a ‘PASS!‘ indicator at the top of the Odin tool.
Once the flashing process completes, your device will reboot automatically. Please note that the first boot will take longer than usual. Once the device boots up, you can set up your device and start using it.
Odin Flash tool – Common Issues and Solutions
1. Device not detected by the Odin tool:
- Make sure you have installed the Samsung USB Driver on your device.
- Check if the USB cable is working fine.
- Make sure to uninstall Samsung Kies if you have it on your computer.
2. ‘FAIL!’ message in Odin:
- Faulty connection because of the USB cable or loose connection.
- You might have the wrong firmware; verify it is the right one for your device.
- All good? Restart the process; it helps sometimes.
3. Bootloop after flashing Stock Samsung Firmware:
- Press and hold the Power Button till the phone shuts down completely.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Home/Bixby + Power key at the same time.
- On the ‘No command’ screen, hold the Power button and tap the Volume Up once.
- On the ‘Stock Recovery‘, select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ button and confirm.
- Reboot your device.
I hope this guide helped you install stock firmware on Samsung devices using the Odin tool.